Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Drafted emails keep disappearing; even after I send them, they don't get stored in the Sent folder.

I create long emails & am repeatedly having them disappear. I hit send & move on them NOWHERE?! Not in drafts, sent, archive, junk, trash. By design it sits there or goes to drafts or One has to cancel & say delete. What’s happening to me is it’s completed & sent & them… gone/disappears randomly. SO BIZARRE. Yes, latest updates, phone restarted & keeps happening randomly. it may be that I start with one email then switch to diff sender - but that still shouldn’t happen?!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 3:34 PM

4 replies

Sep 10, 2023 3:35 AM in response to CaptsInn

Remove your email account and set it up again

Make sure that all of your emails are there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than your device. On your device, go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts. Tap the email account that you want to remove. Tap Delete Account.

If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

If you can't send an email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

1. When you make an iOS or iPadOS backup in iCloud or iTunes, it backs up your mail settings, but not your email. ... 
  2. Make sure your device is connected to the Internet.
  3. Check with your email service provider to find out if there's a service outage.

More items...

If you can't send an email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch ...

Which email account are you referring to? Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other (Refer to the pic )below

1. Is this your corporate iPhone? Then please contact the system administrator of your corporate
  2. If it is your personal device, in that case, do you have any profile installed by your corporate/organisation/enterprise/School Management?
    1. Erase the profile added by you If you have installed a profile on your own --> Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple ...
    2. Or please contact the system administrator of the organisation who provided the profile to you

You may have enabled two step verification on Google --> Sign in with App Passwords - Google Account Help

You may have enabled Authenticator for Yahoo --> Generate and manage third-party app passwords | Yahoo Help

You may have enbled 2-step verification for Outlook --> Manage app passwords for two-step verification

You may have activate 2-step verification for Aol --> Create and manage third-party app passwords - AOL Help

Sep 14, 2023 12:51 PM in response to CaptsInn

The title is misleading, drafts aren't disappearing, it's after the send, so it's sent items disappearing. I've reported this problem as well, which started on Sept 12th on multiple iCloud accounts in multiple locations. Sent items either don't show up in sent or are there for a few minutes and then disappear. Other strange behavior is Mail quitting during the send process sometimes. I've only seen this happen on computers, not iOS devices or iCloud.com and never happens with replies. Apple said engineering has confirmed a server issue and is working on a resolution. I urge everyone to contact them so they can collect data for diagnostics

Sep 14, 2023 1:07 PM in response to CaptsInn

This has only been an issue for myself and friends since the 12th and is only on computers, so you may have something else going on if this didn't just start. I'd suggest contacting support and ask for a level 2 advisor so they can document what's going on and see if there is a backup they can restore from, if the missing items are important. They can also give this information to engineering and see if it's related or not. This is my case number, 102079306598

Drafted emails keep disappearing; even after I send them, they don't get stored in the Sent folder.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.