Apple Watch SE second generation

I just got my son an Apple Watch. it has its own cellular line, he can make texts calls. it's not paired to an iPhone. I did have to use my iPhone to set it up. whenever I text him, on my end, the messages come up as green. I also cannot see his location. my husband can text fine and it goes through as an imessage. he can see his location also but it is not a live location. I tried resetting his watch but when I text it still comes up as an sms message rather than iMessage and still can't see his location. its currently going through an update but I doubt that will fix the issue. any ideas on what could possibly be going wrong? I was beginning to wonder maybe because I set up his watch through my phone its linked somehow? im not sure.

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 6:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 2:26 AM

they turn up green because the blue ones are imessages and imessages are sendt to an appleID

if you setup his watch with your appleID them you can't imessage it because it would be imessing yourself

so they are sendt as sms which mean their colour is green

Why are messages blue or green? - Apple Community

Similar questions

2 replies

Apple Watch SE second generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.