Transfer of app from MacBook Air to iPhone 14 Pro

By mistake I downloaded an app to my MacBook Air instead of to my iPhone. Is there any way I can transfer or copy the app to the iPhone? Or do I have to download it again, and pay again for it?

MacBook Air, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 12:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 6:19 AM

If your iPhone and Mac use the same AppleID, simply go to the App Store on the iPhone, click your account icon in the upper right hand corner, then select purchased and download the app to your iPhone.

This assumes that you did in fact purchase an iPhone app on your Mac. If you purchased a Mac only app, it cannot be used on the iPhone.

Now, if your iPhone and Mac use different AppleIDs, then you will have to purchase the app on the iPhone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2023 6:19 AM in response to hendrik176

If your iPhone and Mac use the same AppleID, simply go to the App Store on the iPhone, click your account icon in the upper right hand corner, then select purchased and download the app to your iPhone.

This assumes that you did in fact purchase an iPhone app on your Mac. If you purchased a Mac only app, it cannot be used on the iPhone.

Now, if your iPhone and Mac use different AppleIDs, then you will have to purchase the app on the iPhone.

Transfer of app from MacBook Air to iPhone 14 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.