my 14 inch MacBook Pro Touch Bar has become white, I've run the activity monitor and terminal commands, but it looks the same. any help?

the Touch Bar was at first not displaying but it was working though it was displaying anything. it later become white after some hours, and has since remained the same. any help?

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 5:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 5:25 AM

I understand your concern. Here are a few things you can try to fix the white Touch Bar on your MacBook Pro:

1. Restart your MacBook Pro. This may fix the issue if it is caused by a temporary glitch.
  2. Reset the Touch Bar. To do this, follow these steps:
    • Open System Preferences.
    • Click on "Touch Bar".
    • Click on the "Reset Touch Bar" button.
  1. Update the macOS software. Make sure that your MacBook Pro is running the latest version of macOS. You can check for updates by opening System Preferences and clicking on "Software Update".
  2. Restore your MacBook Pro to factory settings. This is a drastic measure, but it may be necessary if you have tried all of the other steps and the issue is still not resolved. To restore your MacBook Pro to factory settings, follow these steps:
    • Back up your data.
    • Boot your MacBook Pro into macOS Recovery mode.
    • Click on the "Restore from Time Machine backup" option.

If you have tried all of the above steps and the issue is still not resolved, you may need to contact Apple Support for further assistance.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind:

• The Touch Bar may become white if it is not properly connected to the MacBook Pro. If you have recently dropped or damaged your MacBook Pro, this could be the cause of the issue.
  • The Touch Bar may also become white if there is a problem with the software. If you have recently installed a new app or updated the macOS software, this could be the cause of the issue.

I hope this helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2023 5:25 AM in response to emmanuel249

I understand your concern. Here are a few things you can try to fix the white Touch Bar on your MacBook Pro:

1. Restart your MacBook Pro. This may fix the issue if it is caused by a temporary glitch.
  2. Reset the Touch Bar. To do this, follow these steps:
    • Open System Preferences.
    • Click on "Touch Bar".
    • Click on the "Reset Touch Bar" button.
  1. Update the macOS software. Make sure that your MacBook Pro is running the latest version of macOS. You can check for updates by opening System Preferences and clicking on "Software Update".
  2. Restore your MacBook Pro to factory settings. This is a drastic measure, but it may be necessary if you have tried all of the other steps and the issue is still not resolved. To restore your MacBook Pro to factory settings, follow these steps:
    • Back up your data.
    • Boot your MacBook Pro into macOS Recovery mode.
    • Click on the "Restore from Time Machine backup" option.

If you have tried all of the above steps and the issue is still not resolved, you may need to contact Apple Support for further assistance.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind:

• The Touch Bar may become white if it is not properly connected to the MacBook Pro. If you have recently dropped or damaged your MacBook Pro, this could be the cause of the issue.
  • The Touch Bar may also become white if there is a problem with the software. If you have recently installed a new app or updated the macOS software, this could be the cause of the issue.

I hope this helps!

my 14 inch MacBook Pro Touch Bar has become white, I've run the activity monitor and terminal commands, but it looks the same. any help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.