How to bring my Apple ID balance to zero in order to change region?

Dear Apple Sir I want to change my region but it’s showing that u have to spend all ur funds and i have only 0:02$ which I can’t spend so can u please remove it from my Apple ID so I can change my region

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 6:51 AM

The people who answer questions on these boards are mostly other customers and can't. Buy something more expensive than your balance and use a different payment method from the current region for the extra amount; if you can't, click here and ask the iTunes Store staff to zero it.

(244241)

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2023 6:51 AM in response to Lexy__71

The people who answer questions on these boards are mostly other customers and can't. Buy something more expensive than your balance and use a different payment method from the current region for the extra amount; if you can't, click here and ask the iTunes Store staff to zero it.

(244241)

Sep 9, 2023 6:52 AM in response to Lexy__71

Hello ~If you are trying to zero your balance before changing regions…you may purchase an item from the App Store for more than your balance and the remainder will be billed to your credit card on file thus zeroing your balance . You may also go to lower left hand corner and click on Support and they can zero it for you or:

Contact Apple for support and service

Also if you are changing regions take a look through this article as well…

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

~Katana-San~

Jun 20, 2024 2:26 PM in response to oyebade272

Hello! Thank you for using Apple Support Community.

If you are trying to zero your balance and still have a valid credit or debit card, you may purchase an item from the App or iTunes Stores for more than your balance. The remainder will be billed to your card, leaving you with nothing in your account balance.

Alternatively, you could ask Apple Support to remove and keep the balance. Remember that the people on this forum are just other Apple products users like yourself and are unable to do this for you. Use this link Apple provides to take you directly to the managing and editing an Apple ID people who will do this for you --> https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=kbase&PGF=PGF63005&category_id=SC0998&symptom_id=20198

This is more direct than using Official Apple Support which will just eventually lead you there after some searching.

If the above direct link does not work for you, go to https://getsupport.apple.com/?s=n , enter “empty balance” or “zero balance” in the search line, press enter to search, then on the next page select “Clear Apple ID balance”. On the next page select a chat or telephone call option.

Alternatively give Apple a phone call. Find a list of telephone numbers at:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

If you are asking about this because you are changing regions, take a look at this article:

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

Have a great day!

P.S. Others may suggest you use the general support link at Official Apple Support but the above methods are more direct ways of getting in touch with the right people at Apple. Use one of the above links and save time and trouble.

How to bring my Apple ID balance to zero in order to change region?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.