Buying refurbished iPhone

Is it okay to buy a renewed iPhone from Amazon?

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 6:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 6:46 PM

I have heard that it can be hit or miss. (Amazon doesn’t do it themselves, they just have other companies do it for them, and they have varying quality standards) personally, if you get a refurbished Apple device, your best bet will be Apple, purely because of consistency with quality and high standards, as well as having the same return/ repair/warranty policy of a new iPhone, and the option to purchase AppleCare. Having purchased a replacement iPad Pro from Apple, you genuinely wouldn’t notice it’s not new, except for the fact that they say it’s refurbished on the box.

Refurbished iPhone Deals - Apple

That being said, the phone selection on Amazon is far greater, and they have a 1 year “satisfaction guarantee” which gives you a year to return or replace it if you aren’t happy with it or there are issues, so there are definitely pros and cons for both. Personally I have not purchased a phone from Amazon renewed, but I can definitely vouch for Apple refurbished.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2023 6:46 PM in response to Savage1157

I have heard that it can be hit or miss. (Amazon doesn’t do it themselves, they just have other companies do it for them, and they have varying quality standards) personally, if you get a refurbished Apple device, your best bet will be Apple, purely because of consistency with quality and high standards, as well as having the same return/ repair/warranty policy of a new iPhone, and the option to purchase AppleCare. Having purchased a replacement iPad Pro from Apple, you genuinely wouldn’t notice it’s not new, except for the fact that they say it’s refurbished on the box.

Refurbished iPhone Deals - Apple

That being said, the phone selection on Amazon is far greater, and they have a 1 year “satisfaction guarantee” which gives you a year to return or replace it if you aren’t happy with it or there are issues, so there are definitely pros and cons for both. Personally I have not purchased a phone from Amazon renewed, but I can definitely vouch for Apple refurbished.

Sep 9, 2023 6:43 PM in response to Savage1157

Amazon is an Apple Authorized Reseller but the "renewed" iPhones that I see on Amazon.com are sold by a variety of sellers and have nothing to do with Amazon being an Apple Authorized Reseller. Look for the "sold by" under the Add to cart button. They may be fine but also may vary from seller to seller. See example below.

Sep 9, 2023 6:45 PM in response to Savage1157

Savage1157 Said:

"Buying refurbished iPhone: Is it okay to buy a renewed iPhone from Amazon?"

--------

That's YOUR Call.

I've been through purchasing things from Amazon to eBay to craigslist. Been send damages items. So, if you were sent a damaged item, then request a return. If they will not take a return, then contact the site, seeing of the seller can be held accountable, and if you can get your money back.

Buying refurbished iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.