Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Samsung M283 printer no longer connecting

My Samsung M283 printer suddenly would not print until I clicked on a pop up requiring an update. Now it remain "not connected to my Macbook Air 2018 with OS12.6.8

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Sep 10, 2023 5:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2023 11:15 AM

As long as you have this device configured for wired or wireless networking, and without any USB cable connected, it is supported for Apple's built-in AirPrint.

If the printer is already in System Settings : Printers & Scanners : Printers panel, right-click on it and choose Reset printing system… That will clear out the Printers panel content and you want to then click the + symbol to add your M2832DW back. That will open a separate window where Apple's Bonjour service has detected the networked device and shows an entry for it. Mine is a Samsung laser…

Click your device entry in this panel. When you do, the Use: selector will switch briefly to Auto Select, and then settle on your Samsung M2835DX entry. You now click the Add button to repopulate the Printers panel. Right-click on the new M2835DX entry and choose Set Default Printer. With AirPrint, you are no longer dependent upon HP/Samsung drivers.

If this device has scanning capability, Apple's Image Capture should detect it.

Tested: Monterey 12.6.8

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2023 11:15 AM in response to cappuccino1

As long as you have this device configured for wired or wireless networking, and without any USB cable connected, it is supported for Apple's built-in AirPrint.

If the printer is already in System Settings : Printers & Scanners : Printers panel, right-click on it and choose Reset printing system… That will clear out the Printers panel content and you want to then click the + symbol to add your M2832DW back. That will open a separate window where Apple's Bonjour service has detected the networked device and shows an entry for it. Mine is a Samsung laser…

Click your device entry in this panel. When you do, the Use: selector will switch briefly to Auto Select, and then settle on your Samsung M2835DX entry. You now click the Add button to repopulate the Printers panel. Right-click on the new M2835DX entry and choose Set Default Printer. With AirPrint, you are no longer dependent upon HP/Samsung drivers.

If this device has scanning capability, Apple's Image Capture should detect it.

Tested: Monterey 12.6.8

Samsung M283 printer no longer connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.