Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone says unavailable and there’s no timer

i forgot my phone password and I tried again and again and now it says iPhone unavailable without a timer which means it permanently unavailable my phone isn’t connected to WiFi and it’s a iPhone 7 Plus I have no Mac book :(

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 10, 2023 8:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2024 7:39 AM

My iPhone says unavailable and there's no timer or erase iPhone what do I do?

67 replies

Sep 10, 2023 9:02 PM in response to S-O-P-H-I-A02

S-O-P-H-I-A02 Said:

"My iPhone says unavailable and there’s no timer: i forgot my phone password and I tried again and again and now it says iPhone unavailable without a timer which means it permanently unavailable my phone isn’t connected to WiFi and it’s a iPhone 7 Plus I have no Mac book :("

-------

Troubleshooting a Locked iPhone:

"Unavailable" means that your iPhone is locked. So, get this serviced.

Hold it Right There!

Being Locked Out...

Enter the passcode incorrectly too many times, and you'd likely be locked out for good. So, hold it right there, and refer to this link: If you Forgot the Passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is Disabled - Apple Support. It would be the one you've always entered. If you do not know it, then look for it in a location you may have stored it in.

No Success?

Contact Apple support:

If you cannot get the above link to work, then contact Apple Support.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through.

Sep 11, 2023 8:23 PM in response to S-O-P-H-I-A02

I understand that your iPhone is in the state of "Unavailable". You will have to reset the passcode to your iPhone by following the instructions in this guide published by Apple 👉 Reset the Passcode of your iPhone (Without a Computer).  Note: All the data on your iPhone will be erased.

Hopefully, you have a backup created on 👉 iCloud and/or on a computer. If you do then, you can 👉 Restore your iPhone from the backup file once your passcode has been reset and the iPhone has been returned to factory settings by the procedure in the link above.

Axel F.

Feb 9, 2024 6:08 PM in response to Trenchkid1234

The answer has already been given, here it is again -

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled or unavailable -

Click on the link for instructions on how to reset your passcode without a computer if you have iOS 15.2 or higher.

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

Click on the link for instructions on how to reset your passcode using a computer.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Apr 18, 2024 11:56 PM in response to S-O-P-H-I-A02

Hey friends, if your iPhone is repeatedly entered with the wrong passcode, it will cause it to show iPhone unavailable and may result in no timer. In case of this problem, you need to use a computer connected to your iPhone to fix this issue, both Windows PC and Mac.

Follow the process below to fix iPhone unavailability.

Reset iPhone using iTunes:

After connecting your iPhone to the computer, you need to put the iPhone into recovery mode.

For iPhone 8 and later: Press and release the Volume Up button, press and release the Volume Down button, then press and hold the Side button until the recovery mode screen appears.

For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus: Press and hold the Volume Down and Sleep/Wake (Side) buttons simultaneously until the recovery mode screen appears.

For iPhone 6s and earlier: Press and hold the Home and Sleep/Wake (Top or Side) buttons simultaneously until the recovery mode screen appears.

After iPhone is placed in recovery mode, iTunes will bring up the Recovery or Update option.

You need to follow the process to complete the recovery of your iPhone.

Then iTunes will download the latest firmware for your iPhone.

After the download is complete, your iPhone will be reset and the process will last for about ten minutes.

After the reset is complete, your iPhone is repaired.

You will lose your iPhone data by using this method, so you need to choose carefully if you have not backed up your data.

You can also use Tenorshare 4uKey.

From Tenorshare

Feb 25, 2024 8:36 AM in response to erum86

No matter which method you use (methods listed above in the previous responses), you lose data in the process. You must have a backup file created on a computer or on iCloud before the iPhone fell in the state of “unavailable”. You can then recover the data from that backup file. If you do not have a backup, then you will have lost the data permanently.

Axel F.

Feb 25, 2024 11:26 AM in response to ZEvgeny

The assumption here is that iPhone is already in the satay of “unavailable”. Once this happens and you attempt to update the iPhone, then there will be a passcode entry required on the iPhone to allow the MacBook to connect. Since the iPhone is “Unavailable” then there is no option to enter the passcode. The passcode, then must be reset using the reset method.

In your case, the iPhone was probably not in the “unavailable” state.

Axel F.

Feb 14, 2024 6:06 AM in response to azubuike32

I understand that your iPhone is in the state of "Unavailable". You will have to reset the passcode to your iPhone by following the instructions in this guide published by Apple 👉 Reset the Passcode of your iPhone (Without a Computer).  Note: All the data on your iPhone will be erased.

Hopefully, you have a backup created on 👉 iCloud and/or on a computer. If you do then, you can 👉 Restore your iPhone from the backup file once your passcode has been reset and the iPhone has been returned to factory settings by the procedure in the link above.

Axel F.

Apr 17, 2024 7:42 PM in response to JanetIan

As been shared multiple times within this thread. Click on this link for instructions on how to reset your passcode without a computer if you have iOS 15.2 or higher.

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

Click on this link for instructions on how to reset your passcode using a computer.

Feb 19, 2024 10:49 AM in response to kwosongo

As shared multiple times in this thread. Click on the link for instructions on how to reset your passcode without a computer if you have iOS 15.2 or higher.

Click on the link for instructions on how to reset your passcode using a computer.

My iPhone says unavailable and there’s no timer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.