Screen Saver options greyed out after OS 13.5.2 update and restart

After the update and restart to 13.5.2 on my 2022 M2 Macbook Air, I saw a black screen with a message that no Screen Saver was present. I opened System Settings/Screen Saver, selected a photo folder, decided to look for another folder, selected Ventura as "placeholder," but since then options are greyed out, only Preview is available. (I submitted a bug report, but maybe someone in our user community encountered and overcame this). How to restore Options?

MacBook Air

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 5:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 1:24 PM

das33 wrote:

After the update and restart to 13.5.2 on my 2022 M2 Macbook Air, I saw a black screen with a message that no Screen Saver was present. I opened System Settings/Screen Saver, selected a photo folder, decided to look for another folder, selected Ventura as "placeholder," but since then options are greyed out, only Preview is available. (I submitted a bug report, but maybe someone in our user community encountered and overcame this). How to restore Options?

Have you shut down and restarted the mac more than once since your "update"...(?)

A SafeBoot Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2023 1:24 PM in response to das33

das33 wrote:

Have you shut down and restarted the mac more than once since your "update"...(?)

A SafeBoot Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Sep 19, 2023 12:11 PM in response to leroydouglas

Thank you for your question. "Yes," I had shut down and restarted more than once, and tried a Safe Boot. After I read your suggestions, I decided to look at my System Settings/Screen Saver again before replying. I noticed that the Screen Saver window I had open was small, thus not showing all possible Sources.

I scrolled up and found the other Sources. I also have enlarged the window.

Maybe I'm better rested today than when I asked this question?

I offer my explanation to the community in hope that another Mac user won't have to ask.

My apologies, and thank you for thinking about this.

Sep 19, 2023 12:17 PM in response to leroydouglas

Thank you for your question. "Yes," I had shut down and restarted more than once, and tried a Safe Boot. After I read your suggestions, I decided to look at my System Settings/Screen Saver again before replying. I noticed that the Screen Saver window I had open was small, thus not showing all possible Sources.

I scrolled up and found the other Sources. I also could have enlarged the window.

(Maybe I'm better rested today than when I asked this question.)

I offer my explanation to the community so that another Mac user won't have to ask.

My apologies, and thank you for thinking about this.

Screen Saver options greyed out after OS 13.5.2 update and restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.