Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Best Homekit- friendly 4K TV?

I love using my HomePods with my Apple 4K+ device, however, I want to know of any TV models that work directly with HomePod so that I can enjoy HomePod- level audio while using my Xbox with a Smart TV. Ads on Amazon, etc. aren't helpful in determining whether a TV is actually HomeKit- friendly.

Apple TV 4K (2nd generation)

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 9:02 AM

5 replies

Sep 13, 2023 12:28 PM in response to John Dwight

For HomeKit specifically it should say “supports Apple Homekit”. This aids in being able to add the tv to the home app and ask Siri to turn the tv on or off.

I believe you’re asking about Audio though. Yes you can with your model ATV 4K but the tv needs to have an HDMI ARC or eARC Port. See: Use HDMI ARC or eARC with your Apple TV 4K - Apple Support for further instructions and you connect the HDMI cable from Apple tv directly into this port. The HomePod needs to be set to default Audio on the Apple TV. I don’t believe the tv needs to support Homekit for this though.

For reference I have a  Sony BRAVIA XR X90K (does support Homekit) and the sound on this tv is already good and I don’t personally find the HonePods sound any better or don’t seen to be as loud at full volume, compared to how HomePod sounds using the Apple TV. This may differ with other tv models. However I’ve only tested this on cable tv shows not an Xbox. I’m using two stereo paired Gen 2 HomePods with 2nd generation Apple tv 4K

Best Homekit- friendly 4K TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.