Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

No Connection to WiFi or Network after 16.6.1 Upgrade

I am going to add to this thread regarding the v16.6 upgrade, since it seems like I now have similar issues as others have noted. Since I upgraded the release to version 16.6.1 on my iPhone12 recently, the phone will not automatically switch over to our home WiFi Network. Our phone service 5G network locks in, but does not render either (apps will not open or the service will not push through within the open app.). I conducted numerous restarts to no avail.

Mind you, my wife's iPhone 12 has not been upgraded to v16.6 and works as it should. All other devices that we own, iPads (not upgraded to v16.6) and our MacBook Pro (v.Ventura 13.5.2) are working seamlessly on our network. I wish I never conducted the upgrade.

Any thoughts?

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 12:59 AM

Updating iOS on your iPhone should typically not alter the fundamental functionality of the device. It's possible that there were underlying issues before this update, which you might not have been aware of previously or might not have noticed.

In general, iOS updates are designed to enhance the user experience, improve security, and fix bugs, rather than introducing major disruptions to core features. The reported issue of the screen flickering and displaying a white screen after an update is likely caused by factors that are not explicitly mentioned in your post.

iOS updates primarily focus on improving system performance, introducing new features, fixing bugs, and enhancing security. They are designed to preserve your personal data, settings, and information intact.

During an iOS update, your device's operating system is upgraded, but your personal data, such as contacts, photos, messages, and other information, should remain unchanged. However, it's always a good practice to perform a backup of your device before any major update to ensure that your data is safely stored.

It's important to note that while an iOS update itself should not alter personal details, it's possible that certain features or settings may be adjusted or improved with the update. In such cases, you may need to review and adjust specific settings to match your preferences after the update.

Always make sure to read and understand the update details provided by Apple before proceeding with an iOS update, and follow best practices such as backing up your device to minimize any potential risks or complications.

If the issues you mentioned are indeed caused by iOS, it's likely that numerous users who have upgraded to iOS 16.6.1 are experiencing similar problems. However, in order for the community on this forum to provide helpful responses, it would be beneficial for you to specify the nature of the issue you are encountering. Without this information, it may be difficult for others to address your concern effectively.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2023 12:59 AM in response to Listom

Updating iOS on your iPhone should typically not alter the fundamental functionality of the device. It's possible that there were underlying issues before this update, which you might not have been aware of previously or might not have noticed.

In general, iOS updates are designed to enhance the user experience, improve security, and fix bugs, rather than introducing major disruptions to core features. The reported issue of the screen flickering and displaying a white screen after an update is likely caused by factors that are not explicitly mentioned in your post.

iOS updates primarily focus on improving system performance, introducing new features, fixing bugs, and enhancing security. They are designed to preserve your personal data, settings, and information intact.

During an iOS update, your device's operating system is upgraded, but your personal data, such as contacts, photos, messages, and other information, should remain unchanged. However, it's always a good practice to perform a backup of your device before any major update to ensure that your data is safely stored.

It's important to note that while an iOS update itself should not alter personal details, it's possible that certain features or settings may be adjusted or improved with the update. In such cases, you may need to review and adjust specific settings to match your preferences after the update.

Always make sure to read and understand the update details provided by Apple before proceeding with an iOS update, and follow best practices such as backing up your device to minimize any potential risks or complications.

If the issues you mentioned are indeed caused by iOS, it's likely that numerous users who have upgraded to iOS 16.6.1 are experiencing similar problems. However, in order for the community on this forum to provide helpful responses, it would be beneficial for you to specify the nature of the issue you are encountering. Without this information, it may be difficult for others to address your concern effectively.

Nov 14, 2023 6:18 PM in response to SravanKrA

My iPhone 14 on iOS 16.6.1 connects to Wi-Fi, but apps that need to connect to the internet timeout (browsers, outlook, teams). If I toggle off the Wi-Fi switch an go to the cellular network the same apps load quickly and access the internet. This happens on home and work Wi-Fi. This iPad accesses the internet on the same Wi-Fi networks without issue. The iPad is on iPad iOS 16.6. I confirmed the Wi-Fi network settings are the same on the iPad and iPhone 14. I even forgot all Wi-Fi networks on iPhone and reinstalled. Still unable to access internet on iPhone via Wi-Fi but cellular network works fine (Verizon). Flummoxed!

No Connection to WiFi or Network after 16.6.1 Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.