Paying for Family Sharing and iCloud with 2TB Storage

I am currently paying for iCloud with 2TB Storage ($9.99/mo) and a Family Shared plan ($22.95/mo). Do I need both? My husband needs more Cloud storage, hence the family plan, and we only share an Audible app.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 1:54 PM

Your Apple One Family plan includes 200GB of storage.

Since the 200GB. Apple One plan is less than your 2TB plan, it kept both plans. See the "If the iCloud storage included in Apple One is less than your current plan" section of What happens to your iCloud storage when you sign up for Apple One - Apple Support

One option would be to upgrade to the Apple One Premier plan for $32.95/mo which would include 2TB and would add Fitness+ and News+ to what you have in the Family plan.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2023 1:54 PM in response to reneesafier

Your Apple One Family plan includes 200GB of storage.

Since the 200GB. Apple One plan is less than your 2TB plan, it kept both plans. See the "If the iCloud storage included in Apple One is less than your current plan" section of What happens to your iCloud storage when you sign up for Apple One - Apple Support

One option would be to upgrade to the Apple One Premier plan for $32.95/mo which would include 2TB and would add Fitness+ and News+ to what you have in the Family plan.

Sep 11, 2023 2:20 PM in response to reneesafier

Your $22.95 Apple One Family plan is giving you 200GB iCloud storage, Apple TV+, Apple Music, and Apple Arcade. See: Apple One - Apple

Whether you need or want all of those things is up to you.

You can share any iCloud storage plan with your husband. It doesn't matter whether you are paying for the plan through Apple One or whether you are paying for the plan on its own.

To share an iCloud storage plan, regardless of how you are subscribed to it, see instructions in Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

Paying for Family Sharing and iCloud with 2TB Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.