Retrieving Deleted Voicemails

I recently changed phone carriers as well as SIM cards and lost all voicemails in my inbox. Many people say to look in the "recently deleted" folder under voicemails; however, this option does not even appear on my phone. On the voicemail tab, the only option is "Call Voicemail." I tried contacting customer service for both my old provider and my new provider, but no luck. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can recover these lost voicemails?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 3:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 3:49 PM

gillymoon wrote:

I recently changed phone carriers as well as SIM cards and lost all voicemails in my inbox. Many people say to look in the "recently deleted" folder under voicemails; however, this option does not even appear on my phone. On the voicemail tab, the only option is "Call Voicemail." I tried contacting customer service for both my old provider and my new provider, but no luck. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can recover these lost voicemails?

Only your phone carrier can assist with that voicemail is their feature. When you changed provider they should've told you that you could lose your voicemail.

Also you don't see recently deleted because your line isn't set up to use visual voicemail, which needs to be fixed by the phone carrier

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2023 3:49 PM in response to gillymoon

gillymoon wrote:

Only your phone carrier can assist with that voicemail is their feature. When you changed provider they should've told you that you could lose your voicemail.

Also you don't see recently deleted because your line isn't set up to use visual voicemail, which needs to be fixed by the phone carrier

Retrieving Deleted Voicemails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.