Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

How do I get my notes back to my iPhone. I think this happened after I updated iOS 16.6.1?

I had a lot of notes and they disappeared with only about 15 available now.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 6:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 6:32 PM

Mollyred7 Said:

"How do I get my notes back to my iPhone. I think this happened after I updated iOS 16.6.1?: I had a lot of notes and they disappeared with only about 15 available now."

-------

Recovering Lost Notes:

If you have lost the notes, then here is what to try...

A. Start Here: If you're Missing Notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Restore from a Backup:

Did your ever back up your iPhone with these installed? If so, back up you could back up your iPhone, and then restore it from the backup.

C. iCloud in Settings:

Look in iCloud settings in each device, and make sure that Notes is clicked. If it is, then unclick it, and then click it again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2023 6:32 PM in response to Mollyred7

Mollyred7 Said:

"How do I get my notes back to my iPhone. I think this happened after I updated iOS 16.6.1?: I had a lot of notes and they disappeared with only about 15 available now."

-------

Recovering Lost Notes:

If you have lost the notes, then here is what to try...

A. Start Here: If you're Missing Notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Restore from a Backup:

Did your ever back up your iPhone with these installed? If so, back up you could back up your iPhone, and then restore it from the backup.

C. iCloud in Settings:

Look in iCloud settings in each device, and make sure that Notes is clicked. If it is, then unclick it, and then click it again.

Sep 11, 2023 6:20 PM in response to Mollyred7

Updating iOS on your iPhone should typically not alter the fundamental functionality of the device. It's possible that there were underlying issues before this update, which you might not have been aware of previously or might not have noticed.

In general, iOS updates are designed to enhance the user experience, improve security, and fix bugs, rather than introducing major disruptions to core features. The reported issue of the screen flickering and displaying a white screen after an update is likely caused by factors that are not explicitly mentioned in your post.

iOS updates primarily focus on improving system performance, introducing new features, fixing bugs, and enhancing security. They are designed to preserve your personal data, settings, and information intact.

During an iOS update, your device's operating system is upgraded, but your personal data, such as contacts, photos, messages, and other information, should remain unchanged. However, it's always a good practice to perform a backup of your device before any major update to ensure that your data is safely stored.

It's important to note that while an iOS update itself should not alter personal details, it's possible that certain features or settings may be adjusted or improved with the update. In such cases, you may need to review and adjust specific settings to match your preferences after the update.

Always make sure to read and understand the update details provided by Apple before proceeding with an iOS update, and follow best practices such as backing up your device to minimize any potential risks or complications.

If the issues you mentioned are indeed caused by iOS, it's likely that numerous users who have upgraded to iOS 16.6.1 are experiencing similar problems. However, in order for the community on this forum to provide helpful responses, it would be beneficial for you to specify the nature of the issue you are encountering. Without this information, it may be difficult for others to address your concern effectively.

With the limited information that you have provided, It is hard to even guess the problems faced by you. 

How do I get my notes back to my iPhone. I think this happened after I updated iOS 16.6.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.