Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Some of my notes disappeared, how do I recover

a majority of my notes disappeared from my iPhone 14 and I don’t know how to recover the missing notes

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 2:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 2:16 AM

Where were the Notes? See the pic below. You will get your answer

The various options that you are referring ("the second text menue") to will exist only if your Notes are on iCloud or the "On My Phone" Folder.

The 2 pics below are self-explanatory.

If you're missing notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Notes are always synced through Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other email Account

Any data on your device that isn't synced regularly will be stored in your iCloud Backup. With Backup turned on, iCloud takes periodic snapshots of this data to make sure it's easy to restore any time you get a new device. Between syncing and backing up, all of your data is kept safe in the cloud.

What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support (IN)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2023 2:16 AM in response to Clwalk23

Where were the Notes? See the pic below. You will get your answer

The various options that you are referring ("the second text menue") to will exist only if your Notes are on iCloud or the "On My Phone" Folder.

The 2 pics below are self-explanatory.

If you're missing notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Notes are always synced through Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other email Account

Any data on your device that isn't synced regularly will be stored in your iCloud Backup. With Backup turned on, iCloud takes periodic snapshots of this data to make sure it's easy to restore any time you get a new device. Between syncing and backing up, all of your data is kept safe in the cloud.

What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support (IN)

Some of my notes disappeared, how do I recover

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.