How can I recover my Apple ID passcode

I can’t remember my Apple ID password and it’s almost making my phone useless

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 11:16 AM

You are asking about 2 different things...... 1) Apple ID Password and 2) Passcode for your phone.

If you are asking about your Apple ID Password......

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you are asking about the Passcode for your phone.......

If your iPhone is running iOS 15.2 or higher........you can use the instructions linked just below:

How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

If your iPhone is not running iOS 15.2 or higher........please use the instructions linked below, but note that you must use a PC or Mac.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

If you have a backup of the phone, you can use the backup to restore the data on the phone during the new setup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2023 11:16 AM in response to Actionpapa

You are asking about 2 different things...... 1) Apple ID Password and 2) Passcode for your phone.

If you are asking about your Apple ID Password......

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you are asking about the Passcode for your phone.......

If your iPhone is running iOS 15.2 or higher........you can use the instructions linked just below:

How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

If your iPhone is not running iOS 15.2 or higher........please use the instructions linked below, but note that you must use a PC or Mac.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

If you have a backup of the phone, you can use the backup to restore the data on the phone during the new setup.

How can I recover my Apple ID passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.