Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Pending purchase

In app Purchase stuck in pending even though I just added $70 to my apple balance and I updated my payment method…., purchase still stuck in pending and I can’t make any additional purchases.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 11:51 AM

In app Purchase stuck in pending

Pending purchases indicate a purchase that was unable to be charged successfully to your valid payment method on file or Apple Account balance, as such you are responsible for that purchase, and must allow it to successfully complete before anything else can be done.

even though I just added $70 to my apple balance

If you have enough money in your Apple Account balance, all you have to do is -> you need to set your Apple Account balance as your default payment.

See -> Add a payment method to your Apple ID

Add a payment method to your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

See -> What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

and ⤵️

• You can't use your Apple Account balance to send gifts or gift cards.
  • If you use Family Sharing, your family members can't spend your Apple Account balance. Funds that you add to your Apple Account balance are only available to you. Find out more about how purchases are billed to your Apple Account balance.
  • Some purchases might require you to have a credit card on file, even if you use your Apple Account balance to make the purchase.

If you have followed all the steps and instructions and if you still need help, get support from Apple directly -> Get Support or call Apple in your region see -> Contact Apple for support and service

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2023 11:51 AM in response to NoUserNameWTH

In app Purchase stuck in pending

Pending purchases indicate a purchase that was unable to be charged successfully to your valid payment method on file or Apple Account balance, as such you are responsible for that purchase, and must allow it to successfully complete before anything else can be done.

even though I just added $70 to my apple balance

If you have enough money in your Apple Account balance, all you have to do is -> you need to set your Apple Account balance as your default payment.

See -> Add a payment method to your Apple ID

Add a payment method to your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

See -> What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

and ⤵️

• You can't use your Apple Account balance to send gifts or gift cards.
  • If you use Family Sharing, your family members can't spend your Apple Account balance. Funds that you add to your Apple Account balance are only available to you. Find out more about how purchases are billed to your Apple Account balance.
  • Some purchases might require you to have a credit card on file, even if you use your Apple Account balance to make the purchase.

If you have followed all the steps and instructions and if you still need help, get support from Apple directly -> Get Support or call Apple in your region see -> Contact Apple for support and service

Pending purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.