How to purchase an iPhone 15 with SIM slot

How can I order the new iPhone 15 model with a SIM card slot in the U.S ?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 10:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2023 8:35 AM

How can I get the shipping address of UPS store in Canada? Should I contact the UPS store in Canada? What are the procedures? Thanks.

69 replies

Dec 4, 2023 10:34 AM in response to muhriinuh

Order an iPhone 15 from Apple Canada online. Shipping address to a UPS store in Canada. They charge $10.00 plus shipping cost to cross ship to the US. I have done it four times. Twice with a 14 and twice with 15s. Only catch is that you currently need a sim. You cannot get a sim to insert. I went into Verizon store with an 11 and asked to transfer my 13 eSIM to a physical sim and then inserted sim to my 14 and then direct into my 15. All good.

Nov 8, 2023 10:29 AM in response to muhriinuh

Apple cannot do this in other countries because of lack of eSIM adoption and/or government regulations, it will be 10+ years before these other countries will allow Apple to sell eSIM only devices.

We all know/understand some of the PROs of using an eSIM phone:

• Convivence
  • Simplicity
  • Multiple devices able to accept a call
  • SIM card security if the phone is lost/stolen

Here are some of the CONs:

• Not all countries use eSIMs
  • eSIM card rates are more expensive than SIM card rates

And the WORST

• The phone can always be tracked because you cannot take the SIM out of the phone

Oct 5, 2023 7:19 AM in response to muhriinuh

if you are looking for an iPhone 14 or newer with the slot for the SIM, you need to buy it outside the USA

I live in the USA, but I bought my 14 PRO in Europe to have the SIM slot. I need to have a back up while on the road and if something happen to my daily driver, I can simply plug the SIM into the iPhone 13 Mini that I carry as a back up phone and I’m back in business in a few seconds. It can’t be so quick with an e-sim that requires time and data be activated.

Nov 10, 2023 6:01 PM in response to Niel

That is not always an option.

Getting an eSIM from a local carrier in the UK, for example, as pay as you go modality ( which is what most would get when traveling) is a no go as currently no UK carrier offers the eSIM for pay as you go. And with roaming your main local carrier is ridiculously expensive.

Sep 12, 2023 10:38 PM in response to muhriinuh

No iPhone 14 or above originally sold in the USA will have a physical SIM card slot. Apple designs its products to last and needs to be ahead of the curve; in a few years, very few people there will be using physical SIM cards.

People who reside outside it are supposed to buy one from a local store; these still support them.

People who travel outside it are supposed to use an eSIM from a local carrier or get a roaming plan.

(244382)

Nov 8, 2023 4:10 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

IdrisSeabright wrote:

zedmurark231 wrote:

The phone can always be tracked because you cannot take the SIM out of the phone

Turn the phone off. Or put it in a Faraday bag.

Even if you could take the SIM out of the phone, you wouldn't be able to take the IMEI – the phone's unique ID – out of the phone.

If the FBI is interested in you, and they have a search warrant that compels carriers to cooperate, do you believe they're going to track you ONLY by the SIM card? Or are they going to be looking for any match EITHER with the SIM (regardless of which phone it is in) OR with the IMEI (regardless of which SIM is in the phone)?

How to purchase an iPhone 15 with SIM slot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.