Why am i getting this notice? I haven’t had my iphone fix since new.

Why am i getting the unknown part on my iphone 12 pro max camera? My phone has never been serviced since new.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 1:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 1:51 AM

Please contact the agency who sold the device to you. This message would not have appeared prior to iOS 15.2.

Parts and service history

With iPhone 12 models and later using iOS 15.2 and later, you can go to Settings > General > About to see the parts and service history of your iPhone and you can see if the camera has been replaced. If the repair was done using genuine Apple parts and processes, you will see "Genuine Apple Part" next to Camera.

• You will see an Unknown Part  message if the camera installation is incomplete or if the camera:
  • Was replaced with a nongenuine camera
  • Was already used or installed in another iPhone
  • Isn't functioning as expected

This message doesn't affect your ability to use your iPhone or access your camera.

Learn more about iPhone parts and service history.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2023 1:51 AM in response to rommel53

Please contact the agency who sold the device to you. This message would not have appeared prior to iOS 15.2.

Parts and service history

With iPhone 12 models and later using iOS 15.2 and later, you can go to Settings > General > About to see the parts and service history of your iPhone and you can see if the camera has been replaced. If the repair was done using genuine Apple parts and processes, you will see "Genuine Apple Part" next to Camera.

• You will see an Unknown Part  message if the camera installation is incomplete or if the camera:
  • Was replaced with a nongenuine camera
  • Was already used or installed in another iPhone
  • Isn't functioning as expected

This message doesn't affect your ability to use your iPhone or access your camera.

Learn more about iPhone parts and service history.

Why am i getting this notice? I haven’t had my iphone fix since new.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.