📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

convert iTunes to Music app not working as expected

• When I click the iTunes Library.itl file to launch Music only ten of my hundreds of albums show up in Music.
  • I have confirmed all the music is present.
  • When I launch Music holding Option iTunes Library.itl does not appear

I have copied my whole music library to my new M2 MacBook Pro running Ventura.

When I launch Music holding the Option key the iTunes.itl file does not show up. In fact none of the files in that folder show up.

Here is what I can see in the finder:

I have even tried clicking on the old iTunes Library.itl file and when Music launches only ten of my many hundreds of albums appears in Music app.

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 2:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 10:52 AM

You have to hold down option while launching Music, then click Choose Library, select the .itl file, then choose a location to save the converted library. Clicking an .itl or .musiclibrary file opens Music, but not the selected library file.

See also Managing your Mac media libraries - Apple Community.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 17, 2023 10:52 AM in response to nueve_leon

You have to hold down option while launching Music, then click Choose Library, select the .itl file, then choose a location to save the converted library. Clicking an .itl or .musiclibrary file opens Music, but not the selected library file.

See also Managing your Mac media libraries - Apple Community.

tt2

convert iTunes to Music app not working as expected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.