I need to transfer data from my old phone to an iPhone I purchased yesterday.

Is there a way I can back up my phone to iCloud temporarily so I can transfer the data to a new phone? I do not pay for any additional iCloud.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 8:35 AM

See the following Apple Support article for information on temporary iCloud storage: Get temporary iCloud storage when you buy a new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

The "Quick Start" method is another option. It works very well and doesn't require iCloud storage. See: Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Or use a computer as described in Use the Finder or iTunes to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2023 8:35 AM in response to kevirose

See the following Apple Support article for information on temporary iCloud storage: Get temporary iCloud storage when you buy a new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

The "Quick Start" method is another option. It works very well and doesn't require iCloud storage. See: Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Or use a computer as described in Use the Finder or iTunes to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I need to transfer data from my old phone to an iPhone I purchased yesterday.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.