Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

My calendar events disappear after a couple of months

How can I keep my calendar events on my phone so that I can search for previous events that may have occurred previous years?

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 7:21 AM

Go to Settings/Calendar/accounts. Tap on the account (unless it is iCloud) and log for a setting “Mail days to sync”. Note that not all account types support this, and iCloud does not because it syncs all events forever.

Also, the built in calendar app can only search the previous 12 months, even though you can view older events. There are several 3rd party calendar apps in the app store that can search any date range; I can search back to 1998 because I imported my Palm Treo calendars when I first got an iPhone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2023 7:21 AM in response to navydog1777

Go to Settings/Calendar/accounts. Tap on the account (unless it is iCloud) and log for a setting “Mail days to sync”. Note that not all account types support this, and iCloud does not because it syncs all events forever.

Also, the built in calendar app can only search the previous 12 months, even though you can view older events. There are several 3rd party calendar apps in the app store that can search any date range; I can search back to 1998 because I imported my Palm Treo calendars when I first got an iPhone.

My calendar events disappear after a couple of months

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.