Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Search indexing problem

Some items are not appearing withing settings search, e.g. if i search for passwords, messages, carplay they don’t show up.

What could be the problem?

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2023 1:58 PM

hi,

thanks for the reply.

I tried almost everything with no avail. it happened no matter what search I tried (spotlight).

finally after restarting all settings under general ->transfer or reset - it got back to work as expected.

hope it'll be useful to somebody.

3 replies

Sep 14, 2023 8:42 AM in response to Zihmir

Hi Zihmir,

We'll be happy to see how we can help today and get the Search feature working as expected.

This seems like a simple step to so many, but honestly a fresh restart can fix a lot of unusual behavior that can pop up from time to time. Try following the steps found here to Restart your iPhone - Apple Support.

Does this continue after restarting, then check to see if your iPhone showing iOS 16.6.1 installed when you go to Settings > General > About. If not, you may want to Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support.

If it still continues reach back out. And to confirm, this is the Settings app you are trying to use Search with. Does Search work if you swipe right to left on the Home Screen?

Take care!

Search indexing problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.