Broken Iphone Camera Not allowing apps to use camera

So theres 2 cameras on the phone, the main one is broken but the 0.5 canera still works. However Iphone wont allow me to flip the camera around in genral just because the main camera is broken. I hope there is a solution because I need to take pictures with the back camera and 0.5 pictures would be fine

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 9:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 9:14 PM

Thecboyz Said:

"Broken Iphone Camera Not allowing apps to use camera: So theres 2 cameras on the phone, the main one is broken but the 0.5 canera still works. However Iphone wont allow me to flip the camera around in genral just because the main camera is broken. I hope there is a solution because I need to take pictures with the back camera and 0.5 pictures would be fine"

-------

Troubleshooting iSight Camera:

Start Here: If the Camera or Flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't Working - Apple Support

No Success?

What else to try...

A. Try This - Disable then Enable Cameara:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Screen Time
  3. Tap: Content & Privacy Restrictions
  4. Enter: Keycode
  5. Tap: Allowed Apps
  6. Tap: Camera (So it is Green-Colored)

B. Restart iPhone:

Go Here: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

C. Are you Using a Case?

Make sure that the back camera is not covered(somewhat) - For note: the microphone part is located between the lens and the flash. So, make sure all is not covered.

D. Update your iPhone:

Use my User Tip: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tips

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2023 9:14 PM in response to Thecboyz

Thecboyz Said:

"Broken Iphone Camera Not allowing apps to use camera: So theres 2 cameras on the phone, the main one is broken but the 0.5 canera still works. However Iphone wont allow me to flip the camera around in genral just because the main camera is broken. I hope there is a solution because I need to take pictures with the back camera and 0.5 pictures would be fine"

-------

Troubleshooting iSight Camera:

Start Here: If the Camera or Flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't Working - Apple Support

No Success?

What else to try...

A. Try This - Disable then Enable Cameara:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Screen Time
  3. Tap: Content & Privacy Restrictions
  4. Enter: Keycode
  5. Tap: Allowed Apps
  6. Tap: Camera (So it is Green-Colored)

B. Restart iPhone:

Go Here: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

C. Are you Using a Case?

Make sure that the back camera is not covered(somewhat) - For note: the microphone part is located between the lens and the flash. So, make sure all is not covered.

D. Update your iPhone:

Use my User Tip: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tips

Broken Iphone Camera Not allowing apps to use camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.