Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

"Video unavailable there is a problem loading this video"

I can watch Apple+ perfectly well on a Windows Laptop but for the last few days I have been getting this message when I try to watch shows via my TV streaming device (Firestick), the recap of previous episodes play but when it should start to play the next episode... it stops and shows the message. I reset the Apple TV app and logged in as normal...same 'problem' happens again. Tried the Video Troubleshooting and it passed the tests. I watch via a 4K Firestick. Disney+; Prime; Paramount+; YouTube; Netflix all play videos without a problem, I went on a couple of other forum sites and other folk experience the same 'problem' with videos aborting and not continuing to play. On the forum a suggestion is to disable the analytical reporting on the app...didn't work for me. 'For All Mankind' would not play episode 4, so I skipped to the next episode and all was 'well' until the app stopped working properly altogether. I don't understand how videos work up to a point before aborting. Very frustrating indeed. Tried Apple support but they were at a loss as to how to 'fix' the problem. A conspiracy theorist might tell me it is Apple's way to try to get you to upgrade from an Amazon Firestick to an expensive AppleTV 'box'. I think I shall have to start pairing my Windows laptop to my TV and watch that way from now on...hardly a good 'fix'. Anybody got any other ideas please and thank you.

FireTVStick4K(2018)/Soundbar(2019),

Posted on Sep 14, 2023 2:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 11:36 PM

Cheers! I shall give it a go! I've been on a web site that charts 'outages' of everything from electricity providers to online grocery shopping and there was a streaming service tab....Apple+ had the worst feedback of all of them, a guy even had the video aborting during the same episode of For All Mankind as I did!

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2023 11:36 PM in response to chick257

Cheers! I shall give it a go! I've been on a web site that charts 'outages' of everything from electricity providers to online grocery shopping and there was a streaming service tab....Apple+ had the worst feedback of all of them, a guy even had the video aborting during the same episode of For All Mankind as I did!

Sep 15, 2023 8:54 PM in response to chick257

I’m having the same issue as of this morning 9/15/2023. I rebooted my FireStick 4K multiple times, signed out of my Apple ID and signed back in, cleared cache and data, uninstalled the App… nothing fixed it. I can play about 30 seconds of any video and then the error message pops back up. I even ran the troubleshooter within the App which reported no problems.

I can, however, watch AppleTV just fine via my Vizio not using the FireStick. This leads me to believe that Amazon updated the FireStick software recently and now the AppleTV app isn’t playing nicely with it. I don’t have a fix and have no idea where to even report this, but hopefully someone who has some clout browses these forums. I guess that’s the best we can hope for at present.

Hopefully one of the two parties (Amazon or Apple) will fix this soon. *sigh*

"Video unavailable there is a problem loading this video"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.