Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

backup my iPad 8 when on power and Wi-Fi but finished too quickly

I have backup my iPad 8 to iCloud, when it was on power and Wi-Fi but I think has been finished too quickly...

Are iPad Cloud backups incremental...?

Where can see a backup size for e.g. today's backup?

VMware, OS X 10.11

Posted on Sep 14, 2023 6:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 3:19 AM

Subsequent to the initial device backup to iCloud, backups are incremental. As such, the behaviour that you may observe in entirely normal.

You can easily establish the iCloud data occupied by your iCloud device backups - and the data to be included within the incremental backup - from iPad settings:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > [Device Backups] iCloud Backup > [All Device Backups] This iPad

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2023 3:19 AM in response to lsepolis123

Subsequent to the initial device backup to iCloud, backups are incremental. As such, the behaviour that you may observe in entirely normal.

You can easily establish the iCloud data occupied by your iCloud device backups - and the data to be included within the incremental backup - from iPad settings:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > [Device Backups] iCloud Backup > [All Device Backups] This iPad

backup my iPad 8 when on power and Wi-Fi but finished too quickly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.