Text messages change from imessage to sms texts

So, i'll try to be as descriptive as possible. I am texting an iphone and sometimes it will be an imessage and other times it will be a SMS text. I text this person everyday and have never had a problem until about 3 days ago. It switches back and forth. I'll be connected to my wifi and it will be sent as an imessage, other times it will be sent as a text message while still connected to my wifi. Sms texts are enabled so maybe thats the issue?

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 9:34 AM

Megh_Bundyyy wrote:

So, i'll try to be as descriptive as possible. I am texting an iphone and sometimes it will be an imessage and other times it will be a SMS text. I text this person everyday and have never had a problem until about 3 days ago. It switches back and forth. I'll be connected to my wifi and it will be sent as an imessage, other times it will be sent as a text message while still connected to my wifi. Sms texts are enabled so maybe thats the issue?

When imessage is unavailable it will send as a SMS, due to either you or the recipient is in an area with a weak wifi/cellular signal or has imessage turned off.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2023 9:34 AM in response to Megh_Bundyyy

Megh_Bundyyy wrote:

When imessage is unavailable it will send as a SMS, due to either you or the recipient is in an area with a weak wifi/cellular signal or has imessage turned off.

Text messages change from imessage to sms texts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.