Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Can Only Hear Calls on Speaker (iPhone XR)

I can only hear calls on my iPhone XR if I put the calls on speaker. I have tried all the recommended fixes and the problem persists. What else can I do? Do I need to upgrade my iPhone? BTW it's in perfect condition.

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 10:30 PM

Mefrye Said:

"Can Only Hear Calls on Speaker (iPhone XR): I can only hear calls on my iPhone XR if I put the calls on speaker. I have tried all the recommended fixes and the problem persists. What else can I do? Do I need to upgrade my iPhone? BTW it's in perfect condition."

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Audio:

Save a Few. You might need to get a new speaker or microphone. But, before making that assertion, see if you can use the following links to troubleshoot this...

A Few Links that May Help:

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2023 10:30 PM in response to Mefrye

Mefrye Said:

"Can Only Hear Calls on Speaker (iPhone XR): I can only hear calls on my iPhone XR if I put the calls on speaker. I have tried all the recommended fixes and the problem persists. What else can I do? Do I need to upgrade my iPhone? BTW it's in perfect condition."

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Audio:

Save a Few. You might need to get a new speaker or microphone. But, before making that assertion, see if you can use the following links to troubleshoot this...

A Few Links that May Help:

Can Only Hear Calls on Speaker (iPhone XR)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.