📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple debuts iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adding my husband's iPhone XS to my account

I want to preorder the new iPhone as a surprise for my husband's birthday, and send in his iPhone XS once it arrives, but cannot figure out how to do this. Thank you!!

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 2:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 2:11 PM

What do you mean by “my account”?

• Your Apple ID? Do not do this or even consider it. Each person, regardless of age, needs her/his own Apple ID.
  • Your cellular carrier account? Once the iPhone arrives, use your carrier’s methods to do this. Presumably he will get a new telephone number. Otherwise, you may be asked to supply the telephone number when pre-ordering the iPhone.

You may only order one iPhone with a given carrier per order. So if you’re ordering an iPhone for yourself and another for your husband, two orders are required. You may order both using your Apple ID. Simply do not set his up using your Apple ID.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 15, 2023 2:11 PM in response to ArdithT

What do you mean by “my account”?

• Your Apple ID? Do not do this or even consider it. Each person, regardless of age, needs her/his own Apple ID.
  • Your cellular carrier account? Once the iPhone arrives, use your carrier’s methods to do this. Presumably he will get a new telephone number. Otherwise, you may be asked to supply the telephone number when pre-ordering the iPhone.

You may only order one iPhone with a given carrier per order. So if you’re ordering an iPhone for yourself and another for your husband, two orders are required. You may order both using your Apple ID. Simply do not set his up using your Apple ID.

adding my husband's iPhone XS to my account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.