I 'upgraded' to Monterey from El Capitan about 18months ago & could not use iMovie

I 'upgraded' to Monterey from El Capitan about 18months ago, & could not use iMovie. many saying it was not compatible currently, so I uninstalled iMovie. can anyone tell me if the problems were fixed?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 12:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 7:49 AM

Hi,

Make sure that the iMovie app is in fact absent from your Applications folder. (If it is still there, move it to the trash.) Then, to obtain the highest version that Monterey will run, sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed in your account folder, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2023 7:49 AM in response to Falcosubbuteo

Hi,

Make sure that the iMovie app is in fact absent from your Applications folder. (If it is still there, move it to the trash.) Then, to obtain the highest version that Monterey will run, sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed in your account folder, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there.

-- Rich

Sep 16, 2023 11:00 AM in response to Rich839

Thanks for that. I installed iMove before I saw your reply...10.3.8...which is a bit 'stuttery', jerky, but mostly in full screen mode for now. But, my iMac has been pretty slow managing some tasks beyond the simple recently. I was recently told the hardware running my computer was known be not up to the task when it came out, 2015.

Anyway, I'll see how I get on. Thanks again.

I 'upgraded' to Monterey from El Capitan about 18months ago & could not use iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.