When I plug my iPhone into the charger it doesn’t charge

When I plug my phone into the charger it doesn’t charge I have to repeat the same thing every time

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 6:59 AM

And what happens if you use the same power adapter and cable with another iPhone as a test? Does the power adapter work straight away when you try this?

If it does, you know the power adapter and cable are OK, so the issue is with your phone.

The port on your phone may be slightly damaged, or there may be some lint inside the port. If you clean out the port carefully and the phone still won't charge reliably, then you will likely need to have the port replaced on the phone if you are looking for reliable performance.

Now, if the power adapter does not work well when you test it with another iPhone, then the cable may be fault. Try another cable.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2023 6:59 AM in response to kingsford2009

And what happens if you use the same power adapter and cable with another iPhone as a test? Does the power adapter work straight away when you try this?

If it does, you know the power adapter and cable are OK, so the issue is with your phone.

The port on your phone may be slightly damaged, or there may be some lint inside the port. If you clean out the port carefully and the phone still won't charge reliably, then you will likely need to have the port replaced on the phone if you are looking for reliable performance.

Now, if the power adapter does not work well when you test it with another iPhone, then the cable may be fault. Try another cable.

When I plug my iPhone into the charger it doesn’t charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.