Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Face ID not working

I dropped my 11 pro max in water and now my Face ID does not work. The rest of the phone seems fine. Is there anything I can do

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 11:05 AM

Hello,

Apple has several documents helping you with Face ID.

This Support article is specific to seeing a 'disabled' Face ID alert, and explains what to do when you see that notice or an issue with the TrueDepth camera. --> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Unless a software update solves the problem you may need to have Apple take a look at your device. In the case of something dropped in water it might not be a bad idea in general to get them to have a look at it. Use this link to set up an appointment —> Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple and this one to get a repair estimate —> iPhone Repair & Service - Apple Support

If you don't see a 'disabled' message but do have general issues with Face ID not working properly, explore the list of things to try in this document: If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If the first 8 don't solve the issue then use #9, contact Apple.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2023 11:05 AM in response to TheDon9

Hello,

Apple has several documents helping you with Face ID.

This Support article is specific to seeing a 'disabled' Face ID alert, and explains what to do when you see that notice or an issue with the TrueDepth camera. --> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Unless a software update solves the problem you may need to have Apple take a look at your device. In the case of something dropped in water it might not be a bad idea in general to get them to have a look at it. Use this link to set up an appointment —> Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple and this one to get a repair estimate —> iPhone Repair & Service - Apple Support

If you don't see a 'disabled' message but do have general issues with Face ID not working properly, explore the list of things to try in this document: If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If the first 8 don't solve the issue then use #9, contact Apple.

Face ID not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.