Update=no Face ID

My phone updated to 16.6.1, then the next day the Face ID doesn’t work. I’m reading the other community posts about Face ID suddenly stopping within the last few days. I’m assuming it’s an issue with the recent update. Is there a way to roll it back prior to the update?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 7:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 8:01 PM

You cannot downgrade the iOS version. Apple does not support that.

——-

Try the instructions in the following guides to address the Face ID issues that you are having.

👉 If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

👉 If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If the guides, above, do not help resolve the Face ID issues, then contact 👉 Official Apple SupportOR you can always get your iPhone examined at the Apple Store 👉 Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and a resolution.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2023 8:01 PM in response to 83brandi

You cannot downgrade the iOS version. Apple does not support that.

——-

Try the instructions in the following guides to address the Face ID issues that you are having.

👉 If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

👉 If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If the guides, above, do not help resolve the Face ID issues, then contact 👉 Official Apple SupportOR you can always get your iPhone examined at the Apple Store 👉 Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and a resolution.

Axel F.

Update=no Face ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.