Quick Look opens file in Preview. Huh??

Just set up a new Mac Studio using Ventura 13.5. I always used Quick Look to see pictures and docs by pressing spacebar to view and then again to close. Now spacebar opens the file in Preview. NOT good. Pressing spacebar again does not close the window and the up/down keys don't scroll thru the files in the open window. This really stinks. I need a return to normalcy. Advice?

Mac Studio (2023)

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 8:03 PM

10 replies

Sep 17, 2023 9:38 AM in response to JG Here

Apple Support Document on Quick Look

View and edit files with Quick Look on Mac

Has the user installed or used and Third Party Security Software or Disk Cleaners ?

They should be removed as per Developers Instructions 

Or better still >>

Download the Application Etrecheck directly from the Developer.

This is a Diagnostic Tool that makes no changes to the computer.

It makes a coherent and readable inventory of both the Hardware and Software used on the computer 

The application is free or paid from added features. 

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - >>>> using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last ) <<<<

Sep 17, 2023 9:49 AM in response to JG Here

What the rest of us running Ventura 13.5.2 see is Quick Look opening an image and then in the upper-right corner, the option of opening the image in the default specified application which is usually Preview, though for some RAW files it may be a different application (if that is installed).

For me, Quick Look does not automatically open the optional designated application when selecting an image and pressing the spacebar. Pressing the Esc key, or the spacebar again dismisses the Quick Look viewer.

Quick Look opens file in Preview. Huh??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.