Macs do not have Support for many natively apps

i am really disappointed with MacBook system, has not very simple and specifics apps natively for download, and silicon chips don't accept many of then from internet cause it is not supported.

How we can get a good chipset and expensive hardware and it has not most little things what have in any cheap computer?

I sealed my iPad Pro to buy a Mac, and in iPad have more apps and playability then Mac.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 9:37 AM

If you bought a Mac expecting it to run exactly the same apps as an iPad or iPhone or Android smart phone (or vice versa), you're going to be disappointed. While there is some overlap, each platform has its own applications.

Some of the native applications for Apple Silicon Macs include Microsoft 365 (Office), Photoshop, Lightroom (cloud and Classic), Affinity {Photo / Designer / Publisher} V2, Firefox, LibreOffice, and the X-Plane flight simulator.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2023 9:37 AM in response to FLameiras

If you bought a Mac expecting it to run exactly the same apps as an iPad or iPhone or Android smart phone (or vice versa), you're going to be disappointed. While there is some overlap, each platform has its own applications.

Some of the native applications for Apple Silicon Macs include Microsoft 365 (Office), Photoshop, Lightroom (cloud and Classic), Affinity {Photo / Designer / Publisher} V2, Firefox, LibreOffice, and the X-Plane flight simulator.

Sep 17, 2023 10:52 AM in response to FLameiras

You have to get the Mac specific App.

For example: https://www.wikihow.com/Download-Spotify-on-Mac

For the rest you have to take the time to either get the app from the AppStore or download it from the web.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/netflix/id363590051/

You need to develop better search skills; what you need so far is right there for the taking.

This is from the AppStore ... it's Amazon Prime. Amazon entertainment.

Then there's AppleTV for entertainment.

Macs do not have Support for many natively apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.