Email issues

Got notification I needed to sign I to my email account. Tried but did not work. After researching articles I then deleted email accounts from my computer. I then shut dow and restarted and tried to add back my email. Each time I try I get a responses that said it does not recognize the account name and or the password

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 11:00 AM

I have no way of knowing what has occurred or changed to cause this. I do know the when setting up a new email account in your email app it is important that the user ID and passwords must precisely and correctly be sent to the email service provider's web site within a specified period of time or a disconnect will occur and generally a message will be sent back to you saying that the connection could not be made. I suggest that:

1. You use a browser to directly access the email provider's web site and confirm that the ID and password you are using are correct. I would enter them manually. Once they are confirmed -
  2. Then you should be able to safely and correctly enter them to set up your new account in the email app.
  3. If the above steps are unsuccessful, then you must contact the email service provider for assistance in addressing whatever else may be occurring.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2023 11:00 AM in response to ljgtennis

I have no way of knowing what has occurred or changed to cause this. I do know the when setting up a new email account in your email app it is important that the user ID and passwords must precisely and correctly be sent to the email service provider's web site within a specified period of time or a disconnect will occur and generally a message will be sent back to you saying that the connection could not be made. I suggest that:

1. You use a browser to directly access the email provider's web site and confirm that the ID and password you are using are correct. I would enter them manually. Once they are confirmed -
  2. Then you should be able to safely and correctly enter them to set up your new account in the email app.
  3. If the above steps are unsuccessful, then you must contact the email service provider for assistance in addressing whatever else may be occurring.

Email issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.