Macbook pro - Music is taking ages to save music, won't force quit either

I have all my music synching across iPhone/laptop- the music on laptop is taking a long time to save music. When I try and quit it, nothing happens. Help!

Thanks in advance

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2023 5:46 AM

Reboot your computer. Hold down option+cmd when launching Music. This opens it in safe mode which may help with odd issues in the library. You might also right-click the Music Library.musiclibrary package and view the package contents. If you see large numbers of .tmp files (you might need to reveal hidden files) that would be a clue that something is interfering with Music when it tries to update the library.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2023 5:46 AM in response to PPAC23

Reboot your computer. Hold down option+cmd when launching Music. This opens it in safe mode which may help with odd issues in the library. You might also right-click the Music Library.musiclibrary package and view the package contents. If you see large numbers of .tmp files (you might need to reveal hidden files) that would be a clue that something is interfering with Music when it tries to update the library.

tt2

Macbook pro - Music is taking ages to save music, won't force quit either

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.