IPad Air 10th generation Smart Folio Issue

I have a brand new iPad Air 10th generation and the iPad Air 10th generation Apple Smart Folio case, both ordered from the website. Unfortunately the Smart Folio case did not work with the iPad.

1. The device slid around on the case, often skewing to one side.
  2. The magnetic face cover did not put the iPad Air 10 to sleep.

It’s as if the magnets in the case were not strong enough to hold the iPad or turn it off.

I spoke with Customer Service but all they offered was a return option.

I returned the case but I am disappointed that this is the only case that Apple offers for their newest iPad Air. I am left without any protection for the device.

Has anyone had the same experience?

iPad Air

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 2:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2023 8:48 AM

Perhaps because the iPad Air 10 doesn't exist. The most recent version of the iPad Air model is the fifth generation.

You can find your iPad model here:

Settings > General > About

Not sure which iPad you have? Identify your iPad model.

7 replies

Sep 18, 2023 8:05 AM in response to Laughing Owl

Here are just two alternative third-party cases, designed explicitly for the iPad10, that are directly marketed by Apple:

• OtterBox Symmetry Series 360 Elite Case for iPad (10th generation)

https://store.apple.com/xc/product/HQ6N2ZM/A

• STM Dux Duo Plus for iPad (10th generation)

https://store.apple.com/xc/product/HQFA2ZM/A

Both OtterBox and STM have excellent reputation for quality and longevity. Both will automatically lock and wake the iPad with the folio cover.

Sep 18, 2023 7:49 AM in response to babowa

Thank you for your reply Babowa. Unfortunately the 10th generation iPad Air is so new there are no 3rd party cases available. This iPad Air is a different size than all other iPads so other cases won’t fit.

I’m hoping my post will answer if others are experiencing this same issue so that Apple can address the problem. There is no option to report this directly to Apple. I asked customer service who I could speak to about it and was told that my only option was to use the feedback option on the website. The website does not allow for feedback on Apple accessories. In fact, there isn’t even an option to provide feedback in the iPad Air 10 yet.

IPad Air 10th generation Smart Folio Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.