How can I tell if my iPhone has been hacked?

Something just flashed up on my phone while I was using it, saying my phone had been hacked. How can I tell?

[Re-titled by Moderator]

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 4:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 4:32 PM

barbara76028 Said:

"How can I tell if my iPhone has been hacked?: Something just flashed up on my phone while I was using it, saying my phone had been hacked. How can I tell?"

-------

That is a Scam Message:

So, what to do...

A. Force Restart your iPhone:

To safely get out of this, Force Restart your iPhone. Go here: Force Restart iPhone - Apple Support

and...

B. Report this to Apple and Others:

So, report this messages info to Apple, and your federal government, if an option. Provide the screenshot and the URL of this thread. Use my User: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tip

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2023 4:32 PM in response to barbara76028

barbara76028 Said:

"How can I tell if my iPhone has been hacked?: Something just flashed up on my phone while I was using it, saying my phone had been hacked. How can I tell?"

-------

That is a Scam Message:

So, what to do...

A. Force Restart your iPhone:

To safely get out of this, Force Restart your iPhone. Go here: Force Restart iPhone - Apple Support

and...

B. Report this to Apple and Others:

So, report this messages info to Apple, and your federal government, if an option. Provide the screenshot and the URL of this thread. Use my User: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tip

How can I tell if my iPhone has been hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.