Oddball URL to PDF that cannot open nor download with Safari that works for other webpages

How to deal with oddball url which should lead to PDF when opened? I have no problem opening with Safari PDFs in other web sub-pages of same website.

iPad mini 6, iPadOS 16

Posted on Sep 18, 2023 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2023 12:31 PM

For someone used to Windows Edge, I am learning Safari behaves differently when "Block pop-up" is enabled; it will not open PDF and remains silent without alerting “This site is attempting to open a pop-up window”.

The solution of the day is to

① Open Settings.

② Select Safari

③ Uncheck the checkbox "Block pop-up".

Only now Safari starts responding with “This site is attempting to open a pop-up window” and allows me to choose “Allow pop-up”. PDF now opens.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2023 12:31 PM in response to Sunnyintoronto123

For someone used to Windows Edge, I am learning Safari behaves differently when "Block pop-up" is enabled; it will not open PDF and remains silent without alerting “This site is attempting to open a pop-up window”.

The solution of the day is to

① Open Settings.

② Select Safari

③ Uncheck the checkbox "Block pop-up".

Only now Safari starts responding with “This site is attempting to open a pop-up window” and allows me to choose “Allow pop-up”. PDF now opens.

Oddball URL to PDF that cannot open nor download with Safari that works for other webpages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.