Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The iPad PDF Reader Roundup has been published!

I've just published the final version of the Ultimate PDF Reader Roundup thoroughly comparing no less than 36(!) PDF readers for the iPad (and the iPhone).

Feel free to read it at http://www.iphonelife.com/blog/87/ultimate-pdf-reader-roundup - and don't forget most of the info is in the comparison & feature chart at http://www.winmobiletech.com/082010PDFiPadRoundup/PDFViewerChart0818.html , not in the article itself.

Comments are welcome!

Disclaimer: these articles (and particularly the chart linked as second) are huge; this is why I cannot just cross-post the information here. Sorry for the external links.

iPhone 3G (3.1.2 8G), 3GS (4.0 32G), iPad 3G 32G, iPT2G (4.0 8G), iOS 4, MBP 17" (2009 late model): 2.8GHz / 500G / 4G / WUXGA

Posted on Aug 20, 2010 5:12 PM

6 replies

Oct 6, 2010 9:52 AM in response to Menneisyys

I've finished updating the main comparison and feature chart of my Ultimate PDF Reader Roundup, the one and only REAL roundup of iOS (iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad) PDF readers ever published, with up-to-date information on the latest PDF reader versions. I've already mentioned the changes in ; then, however, I still didn't have a VGA cable to test my iPhone 4 / iPod Touch 4G / iPad on a real VGA monitor. Now that I've, at last, received the cable, I could test these all.

Speaking of yesterday's update, in the meantime, BookMan has updated to another new version. Please see the (welcome) changes in the chart; now, BookMan is one of the strongest free titles.

I've also added a brand new row, „ VGA output? Test: iPad / iPhone4”, which elaborates on the apps' ability to drive a VGA monitor / projector. With similar info, I'll update the chart of the Web Browser Roundup too.

Oct 9, 2010 3:04 PM in response to Menneisyys

I've added a column describing the recently-released PDF Expert to the chart of my Ultimate PDF Reader Roundup. It's a decent PDF reader; however, I still consider the cheaper(!) GoodReader better in most respects.

I've also greatly enhanced the section discussing annotation capabilities – see the newly introduced „Annotation” group. Now that several apps, most importantly the, currently, most recommended GoodReader, have excellent annotation (and passive showing) capabilities, I found it necessary to elaborate on what these apps really are capable of.

As you can see, the (still) cheap GoodReader has the broadest support for annotations except for predefined, built-in stamps (in which iAnnotate is the best) and setting the size / color of the freehand drawing.

The iPad PDF Reader Roundup has been published!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.