MacBook Pro (14,2) not connecting to Touch Bar

So I recently bought a refurbished MacBook Pro 2017 (14,2) with a touchbar, however, the touchbar does not turn on and nowhere in settings does the touchbar appear. The keyboard section of settings has no touchbar options and activity monitor shows no 'touchbarserver' or anything related. It's like my MacBook thinks it has no touchbar, but it does, and until it works I have no fn keys. If there is any solutions, please let me know. I am working on reinstalling MacOS Ventura right now to see if that fixes it. I have tried restarting the touchbar programs and restarting the MacBook countless times, I have reset the PRAM and re-installed MacOS many times. Any help is appreciated.

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Sep 18, 2023 7:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 8:40 AM

charcar92 wrote:

So I recently bought a refurbished MacBook Pro 2017 (14,2) with a touchbar, however, the touchbar does not turn on and nowhere in settings does the touchbar appear. The keyboard section of settings has no touchbar options and activity monitor shows no 'touchbarserver' or anything related. It's like my MacBook thinks it has no touchbar, but it does, and until it works I have no fn keys. If there is any solutions, please let me know. I am working on reinstalling MacOS Ventura right now to see if that fixes it. I have tried restarting the touchbar programs and restarting the MacBook countless times, I have reset the PRAM and re-installed MacOS many times. Any help is appreciated.

Touchbar on Intel Mac the best you can do is both:

resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

refurbished carries the same 1 -yr warranty as any new Mac

return it if no resolve as you indicated; within the grace period...

you have a limited 14 days for an exchange or refund for any reason—see Returns & Refunds Order status

Only items that have been purchased directly from Apple, either online or at an Apple Retail Store

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

or take it in for hardware issue...

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2023 8:40 AM in response to charcar92

charcar92 wrote:

Touchbar on Intel Mac the best you can do is both:

resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

refurbished carries the same 1 -yr warranty as any new Mac

return it if no resolve as you indicated; within the grace period...

you have a limited 14 days for an exchange or refund for any reason—see Returns & Refunds Order status

Only items that have been purchased directly from Apple, either online or at an Apple Retail Store

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

or take it in for hardware issue...

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

MacBook Pro (14,2) not connecting to Touch Bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.