Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Can't magnify in Markup after iPhone iOS 17 Update

I updated my iphone to ios 17 and then I needed to edit a photo with markup. That's when I noticed the magnify option is missing. What can I do to get it back.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 18, 2023 7:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2023 1:29 AM

I want Apple to reconsider putting the magnifier tool back in the photo edit mode. This was a very useful feature.

154 replies

Nov 27, 2023 11:11 PM in response to soryk

My phone updated. Now like everyone else my magnifier in photo editor is gone!!!! I use it all the time in my business for fish painting. Does anyone know if I can uninstall the latest update or if other phones have this feature. I am so disappointed in Apple taking away features from customers, for no reason. If would have known I would have never done the update.

Oct 15, 2023 6:32 AM in response to KaeBFly

Multiple people have reported this issue to Apple and multiple people including myself were told to leave feedback on this forum.

Simply put it’s a diversion from Apple to addressing the issue. I was told by a Senior Advisor whom i shared my iPhone screen with that Apple Engineering stated it’s working fine. Senior Advisor seen with her own eyes it wasn’t working. Then simply told me to leave feedback here. Diversion !!

Sep 22, 2023 10:54 PM in response to soryk

Yes i noticed. It’s not there anymore. One work around is possible if you have a Mac with older mac os (13.6 or earlier). This may / may not work in mac os 14. I haven’t updated.

And for this you need to have your photos synced with icloud.

Open photos app on mac. Edit the photo. There u will see magnify in markup tool. And an option to hand off to iphone. The same image will appear on iphone with older markup tool options. Including magnifier.

hope apple brings back markup tool - magnifier option. The ios 17 guide mentions magnifier in markup tools. But actually its missing on iphone as of now.

Can't magnify in Markup after iPhone iOS 17 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.