Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

My MacBook Pro has purple lines on the display screen

previously Brought this MacBook Pro 2019 version second hand a couple weeks ago. I have had no troubles at all until today. I have been using my laptop for work all morning and closed it. Once I reopened it again purples line starting coming on the screen and now there is permanently purple lines on the left hand side of my screen I will attach a photo. I have tried restarting it, shutting down but nothing has resolved this issue. Could I please have some help?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 18, 2023 9:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2023 9:28 PM

montana82 wrote:

previously Brought this MacBook Pro 2019 version second hand a couple weeks ago. I have had no troubles at all until today. I have been using my laptop for work all morning and closed it. Once I reopened it again purples line starting coming on the screen and now there is permanently purple lines on the left hand side of my screen I will attach a photo. I have tried restarting it, shutting down but nothing has resolved this issue. Could I please have some help?

Sounds like hardware issue, take it in.

You can try plugging in an external Monitor and compare your results, this would be telling...

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2023 9:28 PM in response to montana82

montana82 wrote:

Sounds like hardware issue, take it in.

You can try plugging in an external Monitor and compare your results, this would be telling...

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

My MacBook Pro has purple lines on the display screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.