Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) display goes green (sometimes purple) around the edges of the screen

Macbook Pro display goes green (sometimes purple) around the edges of the screen

This occurs for around 10-15 minutes and then goes away. It comes back every time I re-open my laptop/when it wakes up from sleep mode. Sometimes, there's a faint imprinting of words I've typed on Microsoft Word that won't go away for a while. I took it to Apple and the guy said nothing looked wrong, but also that he had never seen it happen before. Lately, it seems to be getting worse. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? I'm worried one day I'll open my laptop and I won't be able to see/access anything.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 4:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 9:10 AM

banana123_ wrote:

Macbook Pro display goes green (sometimes purple) around the edges of the screen
This occurs for around 10-15 minutes and then goes away. It comes back every time I re-open my laptop/when it wakes up from sleep mode. Sometimes, there's a faint imprinting of words I've typed on Microsoft Word that won't go away for a while. I took it to Apple and the guy said nothing looked wrong, but also that he had never seen it happen before. Lately, it seems to be getting worse. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? I'm worried one day I'll open my laptop and I won't be able to see/access anything.
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/c42b9bae-5606-47d7-9ee4-c56df29cf6b4

Hardware issue—

You can plug in an external monitor and compare your results—if the issue persist on the external it is GPU failing,

If no issues externally then it points to a Display failure.

the other test is take a screen shot—it comes directly from the GPU— if you do not see the issue on the screen shot then it isolates the issue to your Display.

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

https://locate.apple.com/country

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2022 9:10 AM in response to banana123_

banana123_ wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/c42b9bae-5606-47d7-9ee4-c56df29cf6b4

Hardware issue—

You can plug in an external monitor and compare your results—if the issue persist on the external it is GPU failing,

If no issues externally then it points to a Display failure.

the other test is take a screen shot—it comes directly from the GPU— if you do not see the issue on the screen shot then it isolates the issue to your Display.

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

https://locate.apple.com/country

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) display goes green (sometimes purple) around the edges of the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.