Share menu no longer shows recent shares?

I used to be able to right-click a file, press share, and then it would show the option to share to last few people I shared with. For ex: if I recently shared a file via email to my boss, if I were to go and share a different file, the option to email him would be right in the extensions. Whereas now, I have to click Share... Mail... and then manually type his email address in every time. Did they really remove this option? I don't see the ability to add them in the extensions settings. Seems kinda silly to remove that as an option.

2018 MBP 15-inch

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 7:04 AM

3 replies

Sep 19, 2023 7:12 AM in response to Randall P

Randall P wrote:

I used to be able to right-click a file, press share, and then it would show the option to share to last few people I shared with. For ex: if I recently shared a file via email to my boss, if I were to go and share a different file, the option to email him would be right in the extensions. Whereas now, I have to click Share... Mail... and then manually type his email address in every time. Did they really remove this option? I don't see the ability to add them in the extensions settings. Seems kinda silly to remove that as an option.

2018 MBP 15-inch

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.5.2

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

you can submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Sep 21, 2023 9:36 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Yeah I kinda figured I was beat on that lol, was just hoping I maybe overlooked something. I can get Apple changing the default Share menu, but why keep that option for Messages, and not Mail (one of the mostly commonly used apps for sharing)? At the very least, you’d think you could add it via extensions. Really hope they give extensions more love at some point bc as it stands, it’s TOO basic, and its customization options feel too limited to even warrant that feature. Thanks for the reply!

Share menu no longer shows recent shares?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.