Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How to disable "are you sure" question when you end a workout?

Hey, is it possible to DISABLE the "are you sure?" question when you end a workout? Having to click twice to end a workout, instead of once, is very frustrating. TIA.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 10

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 7:21 AM

Hi - well my experience and complaint are the same. I have to hit a button twice, instead of once, to end a workout and am not happy with that. I don't do consecutive workouts - just one, and want to end it by one press instead of two. I've complained to Apple.

71 replies

Oct 10, 2023 5:58 PM in response to Squiddz

OMG, I hate this so much! I'm trying to end a workout not confirm nuclear launch codes! What is this Microsoft? as a programmer:

1. The normative use case is to end, not to accidently end
  2. Its an extra step
  3. it is NOT a good user experience
  4. An "insanely great" solution would either have a application wide setting for confirmations (at least) and/or follow the normative path. So for instance, you end the workout, and if within 1 minute you start the SAME workout again, THEN you ask if you want to resume your previous workout rather than screwing up the normative user experience for the edge case condition.

I did submit this in the feedback app, but as a daily user of the workout app, its so annoying I'm about ready to sell my ultra and get something else.

Sep 26, 2023 1:35 AM in response to Squiddz

Just to add, I completely share OP’s frustration at the extra step needed to end a workout.

I keep accidentally leaving it running on the ‘are you sure?’ screen, whereas previously pressing ‘End’ was all that I needed to do.

I have never needed to instantly start a new workout!

When you have got used to something being a particular way for a long time, it takes a while to adjust. I’m sure we’ll cope. But it’s no less valid a complaint.

Oct 7, 2023 5:54 AM in response to Squiddz

Hi Squiddz. Thanks for confirming you'd requested this change as an option.

I just came back here to tell you about a discovery I made to pretty much bypass that are-you-sure step - somewhat ironically since I'm one of the people who likes the change.

I accidentally double-tapped on the end-workout red X and it immediately ended the workout and took me to the workout summary screen. I suspect the software isn't actually reacting to a double-tap on the X but what is actually happening is that the first tap is ending the workout and then the second tap, despite being slightly above where the are-you-sure button is on the next screen (which I do see flashing up briefly) is still recognised as a yes-I'm-sure push on that button. Whatever's actually happening I've tried it a few times and it always seems to get me right through that are-you-sure screen without really seeing it's there so if you just conceptualise it in your mind that to instantly end your workout you double-tap rather than single-tap the red X you might sort of get want you want with the current release.

I found this accidentally but give it a go yourself and see if it works for you and helps at least a bit.

Nov 1, 2023 2:16 AM in response to Squiddz

lol omg I thought it was just me! Did they also move the end workout button? Because I keep accidentally adding a new segment instead of ending the workout so it ends up being THREE clicks for me 🤣🤣🤣 I get so annoyed every time but forgot to google it until now, and most search results that came up were people complaining about how their watch keeps asking if they want to end workout.

I just read the double tap or Siri workarounds. I never use Siri but I’ll try the double tap method next time, if I don’t end up accidentally adding two segments instead lol.

Sep 22, 2023 10:04 AM in response to LD150

I'm sure I'd hit "end workout" (swipe right and hit END - the red x). I did the "Done" bit later, whenever I felt like it. The workout wouldn't continue between "end" and "done" - I am certain.

Now if I hit "end workout" and don't reply to "are you sure?" the workout continues. I tried it.

I'm sure of this. Again, I'll drop it because it's out of my hands.

Nov 10, 2023 4:27 PM in response to Squiddz

As always, the Apple apologists are here to convince you that the Apple way is the best way.

Traditionally, Apple decides what you will do and that’s it. Eventually, they realize that the customer is right and then provide options.

This is one of those situations where having the option to disable the “are you sure?” Would be the correct way to go.

Apple may be too arrogant to grant their users this level of immense customization, but maybe we can hope.

How to disable "are you sure" question when you end a workout?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.