Email not showing up on laptop.

Help. After changing my google password I no longer get my emails on my laptop. I do see them when I log onto google mail directly.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 10:22 PM

re: Email not showing up on laptop

Thank you for letting us know your MacBook Air is using Mac OS 10.14 :

See if you can update the Google mail password in your settings:

On your Mac, Quit the Mail app:

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Internet Accounts.

Select the account on the left, then :

Change account details: For the selected account, click Details on the right. Some accounts show the account name, a description, and other details on the right and don’t have a Details button.

Check if you can "edit" the details there ... and thus change the email password to the correct one.

Eg: If you see a password field for your account, delete the password and type the correct password.

Above based on: Use your Internet accounts on Mac - Apple Support (iOS Mojave 10.14)

If needed: Try re-starting your Mac (deletes temporary files, re-establishes connections, restores order)

Apple menu > Restart then log back in, and re-open Mail app:

You could also check the support documentation on Google, and the settings in your Google Mail account.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2023 10:22 PM in response to OldJag

re: Email not showing up on laptop

Thank you for letting us know your MacBook Air is using Mac OS 10.14 :

See if you can update the Google mail password in your settings:

On your Mac, Quit the Mail app:

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Internet Accounts.

Select the account on the left, then :

Change account details: For the selected account, click Details on the right. Some accounts show the account name, a description, and other details on the right and don’t have a Details button.

Check if you can "edit" the details there ... and thus change the email password to the correct one.

Eg: If you see a password field for your account, delete the password and type the correct password.

Above based on: Use your Internet accounts on Mac - Apple Support (iOS Mojave 10.14)

If needed: Try re-starting your Mac (deletes temporary files, re-establishes connections, restores order)

Apple menu > Restart then log back in, and re-open Mail app:

You could also check the support documentation on Google, and the settings in your Google Mail account.

Email not showing up on laptop.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.