How do I replace a SIM card

I have an iphone 7. ConsumerCellular is sending me a new SIM card. I found the pin hole on the right side of the phone and what looks like a small tray opening. I used a pin but the tray doesn't open. Is there a secret to it?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 12:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 12:53 PM

See this article:

Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone - Apple Support

You need to push straight-in with the poker using a considerable amount of force.

The tray will then be pushed straight-out (why your poker needs to go straight “in”)

You’re not simply releasing a “latch” … the mechanical force you exert on the poker is being re-directed to become mechanical force pushing the SIM out of it’s sliding contacts.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2023 12:53 PM in response to confusedat70

See this article:

Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone - Apple Support

You need to push straight-in with the poker using a considerable amount of force.

The tray will then be pushed straight-out (why your poker needs to go straight “in”)

You’re not simply releasing a “latch” … the mechanical force you exert on the poker is being re-directed to become mechanical force pushing the SIM out of it’s sliding contacts.

How do I replace a SIM card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.