Unable to remove devices from association with App Store

Hi,

The App Store says I have 9 devices associated with my Apple ID. One device is shown twice and one device I have not owned since January this year. Only the most recent devices added have the remove button active - all the other are greyed out saying "30 days remaining" out of the 90 days for re association. Only they have said "30 Days" for more than two months!

Under appleid.apple.com/devices, only the correct devices show & all can be removed from the account. So how do I correct "Manage Devices" in the App Store?

Mac mini, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 5:17 PM

Note distinction between computer authorization and device association - A question re: Deauthorization - Apple Community

View and remove your devices that are associated with Apple ID purchases - Apple Support ]

"You can have ten devices (no more than five of them computers) associated with your Apple ID and iTunes at one time."

From: Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

"To deauthorize a computer that you don't have access to, you have to deauthorize all of your computers. Then authorize each computer that you have again. You can deauthorize all computers only once a year."

1. Open the Apple Music app or Apple TV app.

2. Choose Account > Account Settings.

3. Sign in with your Apple ID and password. Forgot your Apple ID? --> If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

4. At the top of your Account Information page, go to the Apple ID Summary section.

5. Next to Computer Authorizations, click Deauthorize All.

6. Authorize each computer that you use again. --> Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2023 5:17 PM in response to Peachtree55

Note distinction between computer authorization and device association - A question re: Deauthorization - Apple Community

View and remove your devices that are associated with Apple ID purchases - Apple Support ]

"You can have ten devices (no more than five of them computers) associated with your Apple ID and iTunes at one time."

From: Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

"To deauthorize a computer that you don't have access to, you have to deauthorize all of your computers. Then authorize each computer that you have again. You can deauthorize all computers only once a year."

1. Open the Apple Music app or Apple TV app.

2. Choose Account > Account Settings.

3. Sign in with your Apple ID and password. Forgot your Apple ID? --> If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

4. At the top of your Account Information page, go to the Apple ID Summary section.

5. Next to Computer Authorizations, click Deauthorize All.

6. Authorize each computer that you use again. --> Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

Sep 19, 2023 9:29 PM in response to Limnos

Thank you for your reply,

of the nine items listed under "manage devices (Accessed from either the Music App or the App Store), only 3 are computers, one of which is sold beginning of the year. On this list, my Mac mini is not even there although it is associated. Thank you for the link differentiating between "associated" & Authorised". When we next change any of our computers, I'll be interested to see if disassociating all the computers does indeed remove the devices "attached" to them.

Unable to remove devices from association with App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.